1. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of ALF Insight Limited, Company Number 8297172 (England and Wales) whose registered address is Zetland House, 5 - 25 Scrutton Street, London EC2A 4HJ and its subsidiary companies (“ALF Insight”), who controls this website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is ALF Insight Limited.
1. ALF Insight collects information provided by you when you register to use our site or subscribe to our services. The types of personal information collected and stored by ALF Insight might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
2. ALF Insight (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
i. any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to ALF Insight to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts, publications or other communications from ALF Insight or register to attend one of its events;
ii. any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a ALF Insight websites (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
iii. during any transaction with us; and
iv. any other data which you provide to ALF Insight when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
3. ALF Insight (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a colleague who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
1. ALF Insight will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that ALF Insight uses and the security policies which ALF Insight has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
1. ALF Insight may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
2. ALF Insight may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
3. In the event that ALF Insight (or a relevant part of ALF Insight) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant ALF Insight business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom ALF Insight is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on ALF Insight by the third party.
When you visit a ALF Insight website(s), ALF Insight uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies ALF Insight use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
Some of the cookies used by ALF Insight websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a ALF Insight website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
Please be aware that ALF Insight does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
1. To access certain parts of the ALF Insight websites, ALF Insight may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
2. You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
b. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.